Christian Siriano’s Spring 2011 collection was a huge hit at New York Fashion Week, but gorgeous clothes aside Aveda’s creation of what they call a ‘modern bun’ was equally mesmerizing. Could you re-create this new twist on the classic?
How to get the look:
1. Brush hair with a Mason Pearson brush. Pull the top section of hair — from the hairline to the crown — and clip it out of the way.
2. Comb the remaining hair back into a tight, high ponytail and secure with a bungee elastic. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray for hold.
3. Spray Aveda Brilliant™ Spray-On Shine directly onto the bristles of a kabuki-style Aveda Uruku Bronzing Brush. “Paint” the sides of hair with the Uruku Bronzing Brush for shine.
4. Take the ponytail and braid it. Then twist the braid into a bun, securing to the head with bobby pins. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray for ultra-strong hold.
5. Remove the clip from the remaining top section of hair and comb to the crown. Working with small portions of hair (approximately one inch) at a time, use a micro-crimping iron to add texture from the crown to ends.
6. Brush the hair with a Mason Pearson brush to loosen the crimp. Gently pull the hair over the bun and secure at the base with hair pins. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray.
7. Pull a few pieces of hair out of the bun with fingers for extra texture. Set the look with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray.
You’ll find the rest of the photos from this and other FWNY shows on Aveda’s Facebook right HERE