1. Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash I’m addicted to using this creamy, cushiony body wash for shaving. It’s a huge bottle so I can really glob it on (my last bottle lasted 4 months) and the sensitive version has protected my skin from irritation and razor burn. I’ll never go back to a regular shaving cream again.
2. Eminence Pear & Poppy Seed Microderm Polisher I’m on a bit of an Eminence kick lately so I bought this exfoliant with high hopes. The granules are jagged though and pretty rough on the skin. I’ve been mixing it with a cleanser to try and pad it until the jar is gone. I’m pro exfoliation for sure, but I’ll probably stick with my SkinMedica GlyPro which is pretty amazing and a lot less irritating.
3. Palm Drybrush After starting the shower while you’re waiting for the water to warm up, you should be dry brushing. It has a ton of benefits like detoxing the skin, but you’ll notice how much softer and more radiant it looks after you use one for the very first time.
4. Konjac Sponge with Bamboo Charcoal I use this to rub in and wash away my facial cleanser because the carbon and minerals are anti-microbial so they fight breakouts and soothe skin. It’s softer than a washcloth with great added benefits.
5. Callus Scrubber There are a zillion versions of it, but mine is stainless steel with raised areas that buff away dryness on my heels. It’s especially effective in the shower where the water has already softened that skin up.
6. Similasans Ear Wax Relief Laugh if you want but ear wax is gross, man. I just put a few drops in each ear at the beginning of the shower and rinse it out right before I step out. You don’t see inside your ears but everyone else does. It’s nasty. Clean it out.
7. Gillette Venus Embrace Sensitive Razor Last summer I was on a total witch hunt to figure out why I was getting razor burn all the time. Once I switched to this razor and the Dove body wash, I never got it again.
8. Johnson’s Shampoo & Conditioner for Thick/Curly Hair I can’t give this tip enough- if you’re washing your hair a few times in the shower (I do 3), don’t use your expensive stuff every time. I do my first two washes with this Johnson’s shampoo, then switch to my Living Proof for the final wash.