When I first heard about a powder that reduced wrinkles I wasn’t sure what to think. Everyone associates traditional powders with oily skin, and a super matte finish meant for the young who don’t have to worry about the little skin imperfections powder often highlights. Halo, however, is far from traditional.
Halo by Smashbox is a groundbreaking new concept in powder, and frankly a new category in makeup altogether since it’s in a class by itself. This video sums it all up for you- the minerals, amino acids, and peptides that deliver hydration and an effect on the skin that’s all its own. Bring free of oil, talc, and parabens, you can bet that even the most sensitive skins can wear Halo without irritation.
Best when used with one of theirPhoto Finish primers, twist the top to shave a little off creating powder (coolest packaging ever) and apply with the kabuki brush provided. It really might be all you need for a great finish on its own, but you can wear it over foundation. Your skin will look radiant, and almost airbrushed- it’s such a unique effect that’s difficult to describe but it’s so beautiful.
I’d recommend it for women who;
– Don’t like the feeling of makeup on the face.
– Would like to set their foundation with a powder, but don’t like a cakey feel.
– Would like just a little coverage, but not a ton.
– Need a little more hydration during the day.
– Are careful about what they use on their face since they don’t want settling in fine lines or wrinkled areas.
– Want a quick way to fresh looking skin.
Hooked On Beauty says
Thank you so much Erica!
I’ve only tried it on myself, would you say that tones of skin beyond a darker olive would have a challenge wearing it?
I tried this and although it looked great on someone else, I found it looked ashy on darker skin.