Remember when I said eyeshadow was back in a big way? Here’s further proof taken backstage at the Derek Lam show at Fashion Week New York. NARS provided a step by step recipe should you choose to re-create the color-rich look.
What do you think of fall’s latest shadowy trend?
· Blend NARS Sheer Glow Foundation with a foundation brush into skin
· Set with NARS Loose Powder
· Buff skin with NARS Kabuki Artisan Boton Brush for a porcelain doll effect
· Using the emerald side of NARS Misfit Duo Eyeshadow and NARS Eye Shader brush, drag the shadow along the lower lash line straight across until just past the outer corner
· Dust the violet side of NARS Jolie Poupee Duo Eyeshadow on the eyelids; use the darker side in the crease and fade into the temple joining the emerald green from Misfit
· Highlight the inner corners of the eyes with NARS Bains Douche Glitter Pencil (NEW for Spring 2010), making the connection between the purple and green
· After curling lashes with NARS Eyelash Curler, apply three coats of NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara on the top and bottom lashes
· Dust the burnt orange side of NARS Mediteranee Duo Eyeshadow along the brow bone
· Fill in the lips lightly with NARS Red Square Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, dotting the lips with your fingers to blend it in
· Outline the lips with NARS Easy Lover Lip Gloss (NEW for Spring 2010) to create a plush-looking, glassy pout
· Apply NARS Nico Blush to give a subtle hint of highlighting
· Dust Desire Blush in round, circular movements onto the apples of the cheeks
· Finish with NARS Taj Mahal Blush, blending it in with the pink cheeks and up towards the temples
That's pretty! I could do a version of it I think.
Pretty colors but not all at once. I say it's probably not for me.